- Ladies Club d'Armagnac
- Réans, Armagnac, 32 Gers, France
- Our objective is to promote friendship between women of all nationalities living in Gascony, SW France, to share our interests and to offer help when needed. The Club started in 2008, with twenty English ladies living in Gascony, using a foreign language and experiencing a new life. Since then, several different groups have been added and our membership has grown into the hundreds, with new ladies moving to the area and ladies who have lived here a while, who have discovered us, who want to make new acquaintances and discover new areas of interest. Today we have eleven nationalities, and our speaking/working language is English. The GLC meets on the second Tuesday of each month, excluding July and August.Every member receives an email each month, giving the name of the restaurant, the chosen, menu and a booking form. In 2014, we became a non-profit making Association, known as Ladies Lunch Club de l’Armagnac and was re-named in 2019 to Gascogne Ladies Club. Our annual subscription fee of 10 € is payable in January each year. Each member of the Club may participate in some or all of our various groups
Thursday, 25 April 2019
May 2019 lunch
We have pleasure in inviting you to our next lunch, which will be at one of our well established and favourite restaurants. We are going back to
Le Commerce Hôtel at Estang
on Tuesday 14th May
We hope that you can join us at 12:00 to 12:15.
Please find below the menu for €19, which includes wine but does not include tea or coffee.
Please can you complete the form in your email to reserve your place and register your menu choice. You can also use the form to send your apologies.
Menu for 14 May
Gâteau de Légumes
Terrine de Campagne maison
(pâté of the house)
Épaule d’Agneau Confite
(confite lamb shoulder)
Dos de Cabillaud
Soupe de Fraises, Glace Vanille
Wine included but tea / coffee must be paid for separately
The cost will be €19. Please can you book by Tuesday 7th May. We are not expecting to reach a cap, but it’s always better to book in early and it helps us to make sure that the venue can accommodate us. I need to give the restaurant final numbers on Friday 10 May, so it will be difficult to make changes after that date, put not impossible.
As usual I will send out a list of members who are attending before the deadline. If you have any problems with the form please reply to this email (or use the address below) and I will manually add you to the list
Please note coffee is not included. If you want tea or coffee after the meal you will need to pay the venue When you order it.
Details of the booking
* Numbers should not be restricted, but please reply early
* Please book before Tuesday 7th May. The last deadline for booking is Friday 10th May
* Any cancellations after Sunday 12th May will be charged.
* Please reply to the email address at the bottom of this email (or by reply) if you are having problems with the form or feel that the form may not have worked. I will then add your details manually.
* The cost of the lunch is €19, which does not include tea / coffee
Please bring your chèque for €19 made payable to Ladies Lunch Club de l’Armagnac or cash in an envelope with your name on it. Your help with this is much appreciated as it helps to speed up the booking in process
The June lunch on Tuesday 11th June will be at Auberge La Baquere. Thibault has proposed a fabulous menu and we are hoping that we can eat outside. Which we all really enjoyed last year.
July will be our summer BBQ with partners.
Tuesday August 13th will be our summer Picnic (a bring and share lunch with family and friends) at Bascous (near to Eauze)
I will send out a newsletter with more details. Please let me know if you have anything to add.
Saturday 27th April Margaretha is conducting a one day workshop called « touched by a horse ». It is designed to help participants with self confidence, improved communication skills and reduce stress levels by connecting with her horses in an enriching, compelling and transformational way. No experience of horses is necessary to benefit and no riding is involved during this one day retreat. Numbers are limited and the workshop is nearly fully booked. If you are interested in attending, please email email@example.com. For more information go to the website touched by a horse
Sunday 5th May Dému Fête du Jardin. An informal market to exchange plants or to buy plants. All exhibitors are local and sell plants that grow well in the Gers. This may be something that the Garden group would like to attend (or have a stall)
Tuesday 7th May next Talking shop « discovering the Gers » will be at Janet’s house. a chance to practice your French / English in an informal and friendly environment
Full update to follow by email.