- Ladies Club d'Armagnac
- Réans, Armagnac, 32 Gers, France
- Our objective is to promote friendship between women of all nationalities living in Gascony, SW France, to share our interests and to offer help when needed. The Club started in 2008, with twenty English ladies living in Gascony, using a foreign language and experiencing a new life. Since then, several different groups have been added and our membership has grown into the hundreds, with new ladies moving to the area and ladies who have lived here a while, who have discovered us, who want to make new acquaintances and discover new areas of interest. Today we have eleven nationalities, and our speaking/working language is English. The GLC meets on the second Tuesday of each month, excluding July and August.Every member receives an email each month, giving the name of the restaurant, the chosen, menu and a booking form. In 2014, we became a non-profit making Association, known as Ladies Lunch Club de l’Armagnac and was re-named in 2019 to Gascogne Ladies Club. Our annual subscription fee of 10 € is payable in January each year. Each member of the Club may participate in some or all of our various groups
Monday, 25 November 2019
We are delighted to invite you to a very special banquet and a Christmas Fair / market
Tuesday 10th December
Salle des Fetes, Reans
The Christmas Fair will be hosted by our members. It will be a chance to see their work and also to buy unique Christmas cards and presents.
The lunch will be catered by Michelle and Dagmar, two of our members who have previously catered for the AGM. Based on your feedback at the AGM, we are holding this extravaganza at the Salle de Fêtes at Réans, which will give us the space to hold the market, will not be crowded and we should not have to restrict numbers
The Christmas Fair will start at 10:30 with coffee, cake or if you prefer mulled wine. This will be an opportunity to look around the market and chat with each other.
The lunch will commence at 12:00 with an aperitif and canapés. The cost for the lunch, including all wine and coffee is €20 for members and €25 for guest. Please can you complete the form in your email to register your place and your menu choice. You can also use the form to register as a stall holder in the market or to send your apologies.
Apéritif: kir pétillant et cocktail sans alcool avec verrines de légumes, canapés
Duo Kiwis-fillets de truite fumée sur lit de salade et sauce parfumée
(Kiwi and smoked trout)
Foie gras (fait maison) confiture oignon
Noix de Saint Jacques sur lit de Mâche
Émincé de dinde avec sauce à l’orange, pommes de terre au four, purée de brocoli
( turkey with orange sauce)
Filet de poison à la bisque de homard
(fillet of fish in lobster sauce)
Bûche de noël (faite maison)
Includes wine and coffee.
We will be holding a secret Santa. Therefore, please can you bring a small, wrapped gift for someone else (value €5) to put Into Santa’s sac. We will also have our standard raffle, any prizes for this are very welcoming
Details of the lunch
*. This is a Ladies only lunch, we will not be inviting partners on this occasion but guests are very welcome
*. The lunch will be subsidized for members. It will be €20 for members and €25 for any guest that you wish to bring.
*. The stall holders at the market will only be our members, who are selling or exhibiting their work. It’s an opportunity to buy some unique presents
*. Timing: The market will be from 10:30. Thé apéritif will commence at 12:00.
*. General raffle. We will also hold a conventional raffle, as usual.
*. Participation in the market. If you have something that you would like to sell or exhibit, please use the registration form to let us know that you are interested and you can contact Carol Scott directly ( firstname.lastname@example.org)
*. Deadline for booking Please can you book as quickly as possible as this helps the caterers with planning. We are not expecting to have a cap. Please can you book before Thursday 5th December.
*. As usual I will send out a list of members who are attending before the deadline. We will also give you a feel of the stalls at that time.
*. Problems with the form. If you think the form has not worked or have any problems please contact me directly by responding to this email and I will manually add you to the list
Details of the booking
* numbers should not be restricted but please book early
* please book by Thursday 5 December
* any cancellations on or after Sunday 8th December will be charged
* pleas bring your chèque for €20 (members) or €25 (non members) made payable to Ladies Lunch Club de l’Armagnac or cash in an envelope with your name in it. Your help with this is much appreciated
January 14th -The Pigeonneau, Riscle
February 11th - AGM at salle de Fêtes, Réans
Saturday 30th November Marian L’Estrange is holding a Christmas Fair at her house in Condom. All welcome. Please respond to the email if you would like more details.
Couronne de Noël / Christmas wreath making on 12 December from 10 to 16:00 (or it is possible for the afternoon only). This is a fun event to make your own Christmas decorations (bring green cuttings, comes, firm and thin metal wire, decorations, ribbons, lights, whatever you think will work in a wreath.) There will also be a shared lunch (bring something to share). Please let Barbera Roeloffzen know if you are interested/ want more details. Barberaroeloffzen@yahoo.com.
If you have other announcements please let me know and I will add them to the next mail. Or post them onto the GLC FB page.
Sunday, 24 November 2019
Please contact Barbera if you are interested in participating in the Xmas decorations workshop.
Welcome to make Christmas decorations. Wreath, bowl or garland.
on Thursday 12 december 2019
TIME: 10- 16 hrs or only afternoon.
LOCATION: at Marloes in Panjas. Participants will get info and route.
Metal coathanger or your old wreath, or ceramic bowl or other containers.
Green cuttings, cones, firm and thin metal wire, decorations, ribbons, electric lights, what you have or like to buy.
Scissor, knife, plier. Glue? Gloves?
Something to eat at lunchtime
Please let me know if you’re interested and email before 1 Dec to:Barberaroeloffzen@yahoo.com
Thursday, 3 October 2019
For our October outing we will be going, as usual, to:
La Journée des Plantes Rares at Ordan Larroque
On Sunday 13th October
We hope you will join us for a wander around the village and a picnic lunch in the car park.
This is always a fun day out with lots of interesting plant buying opportunities so pack your picnic and we’ll see you there !