- Ladies Club d'Armagnac
- Réans, Armagnac, 32 Gers, France
- Our objective is to promote friendship between women of all nationalities living in Gascony, SW France, to share our interests and to offer help when needed. The Club started in 2008, with twenty English ladies living in Gascony, using a foreign language and experiencing a new life. Since then, several different groups have been added and our membership has grown into the hundreds, with new ladies moving to the area and ladies who have lived here a while, who have discovered us, who want to make new acquaintances and discover new areas of interest. Today we have eleven nationalities, and our speaking/working language is English. The GLC meets on the second Tuesday of each month, excluding July and August.Every member receives an email each month, giving the name of the restaurant, the chosen, menu and a booking form. In 2014, we became a non-profit making Association, known as Ladies Lunch Club de l’Armagnac and was re-named in 2019 to Gascogne Ladies Club. Our annual subscription fee of 10 € is payable in January each year. Each member of the Club may participate in some or all of our various groups
Tuesday, 28 May 2019
I am proposing the following walks at
Castera Verduzan - Friday 14 June starting at 10.30
There will be TWO walks (both classified as easy) - one starting at 10.30 which is 9 kms (about 2.5h+) and the other starting at 14.30 which is 5.5 kms (about 1.5h+). The morning walk takes us into the quaint hamlet of Old Castera with good views along the ridge and then out into the countryside and the afternoon walk takes us more southerly into the countryside with views of Old Verduzan and it church. Castera Verduzan is famed for its casino and thermal spa complex.
There will be a re-walk of the walks at
Vic Fezensac - Wednesday 12 June starting at 10.30
Again there are TWO walks (both easy/moderate) - the morning walk starts at 10.30 which is 10.5 kms (3h+) with a variant of 7 kms and takes us into the countryside with some good views. The afternoon walks starts at 14.30 which is 7.5 kms (2h+) and is a riverside/countryside walk (along the River Osse) and then up to the village of Marambat where there are some fantastic views over Vic.
I apologise for the fact that there are two sets of walks in the same week - at least it'll keep us fit (or exhausted!!) and do hope that you can join us.
Please let me know which of the walks you would like to do and whether they are in the morning or afternoon walks.
Looking forward to seeing you all.
Monday, 27 May 2019
We have pleasure in inviting you to our next lunch, which will be at one of favourite restaurants at the Auberge
la Baquere at Preneron
on Tuesday 11 June
We hope that the weather will be kind to us and that we can eat outside. We hope that you can join us at 12:00 to 12:15 on Tuesday 11 June.
Please find below the menu for €19, which includes wine and coffee.
Please can you complete the form in your email to reserve your place and register your choice of main course. You can also use the form to send your apologies.
Welcome cocktail and canapés
Crème de maïs au basilic et œuf poché
(cream of mais with basil and poached egg)
Poulet rôti au feu de bois, sauce à la moutarde de Gascogne
(BBQ chicken with mustard sauce)
Dos de loup sauce aux Écrevisse
(sea bass with prawns)
Moelleux au chocolat, sorbet passion
Wine and coffee
The cost will be €19. Please book by Wednesday 5 June. We are not expecting to reach a cap, but please book early as it helps our communication with the restaurant and it’s always better to book early. I will send an update with the list of attendees before the deadline
Details of the booking
- Numbers should not be restricted
- The deadline for booking is Wednesday 5 June. We will give definitive numbers on Sunday 9 June. So any cancellations after this date will be charged.
- Please reply to the email address at the bottom of this message (or by reply) if you are having problems with the form or feel that the form may not have worked, I will then enter your details manually.
- The cost is €19 which includes a welcome cocktail, wine and coffee.
- Please bring your chèque for €19 made payable to Ladies Lunch Club de l’Armagnac or cash in an envelope with your name on it. Your help with this is much appreciated as it helps to speed up the booking in process
Summer BBQ Tuesday 18th July at Chateau Buros, near Gabarret with partners/guests which was very successful last year.
Summer picnic - provisional date 13th August at the Chateau Bassous (near Eauze). This is an ideal venue for a picnic, with a large tent and shade to give plenty of cover. This will be a “bring and share” event and partners, guests are welcome. The date will be confirmed at the lunch.
I will send a full summer newsletter. Please let me know if you have anything you would like to be included.
Thursday, 25 April 2019
We have pleasure in inviting you to our next lunch, which will be at one of our well established and favourite restaurants. We are going back to
Le Commerce Hôtel at Estang
on Tuesday 14th May
We hope that you can join us at 12:00 to 12:15.
Please find below the menu for €19, which includes wine but does not include tea or coffee.
Please can you complete the form in your email to reserve your place and register your menu choice. You can also use the form to send your apologies.
Menu for 14 May
Gâteau de Légumes
Terrine de Campagne maison
(pâté of the house)
Épaule d’Agneau Confite
(confite lamb shoulder)
Dos de Cabillaud
Soupe de Fraises, Glace Vanille
Wine included but tea / coffee must be paid for separately
The cost will be €19. Please can you book by Tuesday 7th May. We are not expecting to reach a cap, but it’s always better to book in early and it helps us to make sure that the venue can accommodate us. I need to give the restaurant final numbers on Friday 10 May, so it will be difficult to make changes after that date, put not impossible.
As usual I will send out a list of members who are attending before the deadline. If you have any problems with the form please reply to this email (or use the address below) and I will manually add you to the list
Please note coffee is not included. If you want tea or coffee after the meal you will need to pay the venue When you order it.
Details of the booking
* Numbers should not be restricted, but please reply early
* Please book before Tuesday 7th May. The last deadline for booking is Friday 10th May
* Any cancellations after Sunday 12th May will be charged.
* Please reply to the email address at the bottom of this email (or by reply) if you are having problems with the form or feel that the form may not have worked. I will then add your details manually.
* The cost of the lunch is €19, which does not include tea / coffee
Please bring your chèque for €19 made payable to Ladies Lunch Club de l’Armagnac or cash in an envelope with your name on it. Your help with this is much appreciated as it helps to speed up the booking in process
The June lunch on Tuesday 11th June will be at Auberge La Baquere. Thibault has proposed a fabulous menu and we are hoping that we can eat outside. Which we all really enjoyed last year.
July will be our summer BBQ with partners.
Tuesday August 13th will be our summer Picnic (a bring and share lunch with family and friends) at Bascous (near to Eauze)
I will send out a newsletter with more details. Please let me know if you have anything to add.
Saturday 27th April Margaretha is conducting a one day workshop called « touched by a horse ». It is designed to help participants with self confidence, improved communication skills and reduce stress levels by connecting with her horses in an enriching, compelling and transformational way. No experience of horses is necessary to benefit and no riding is involved during this one day retreat. Numbers are limited and the workshop is nearly fully booked. If you are interested in attending, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information go to the website touched by a horse
Sunday 5th May Dému Fête du Jardin. An informal market to exchange plants or to buy plants. All exhibitors are local and sell plants that grow well in the Gers. This may be something that the Garden group would like to attend (or have a stall)
Tuesday 7th May next Talking shop « discovering the Gers » will be at Janet’s house. a chance to practice your French / English in an informal and friendly environment
Full update to follow by email.
Tuesday, 26 March 2019
We have pleasure in inviting you to the next lunch, which will be at a new venue
The Golf club at Eauze
on Tuesday 9th April
We hope that you can join us at 12:00 to 12:15. The owners Laëtitia et Tony are excited to welcome us and have proposed the following menu for €20.
Please can you complete the form in your email to register your interest and menu choice. You can also use the form to send your apologies.
Welcome with kir et 3 tapas
(to be taken on the terrace if the weather allows it).
entrée salade printanière avec ses 2 tartines
(spring salad with two toasts)
poisson : dos de cabillaud (ou poisson équivalent) sauce citronnelle et wasabi
(cod with lemongrass and wasabi)
Viande : effeuillé de magret aux condiment asiatique et bouillon
(duck breast with asiatic seasoning and broth)
*accompagnement pour les 2 plats d’un riz aux petits légume
dessert : pomme au four, caramel vanillé et son croquant au sucre roux
(baked apple, caramal vanilla in a sauce)
The cost will be €20. Please book by Thursday 4th April. We are not expecting to reach a cap, but it’s always better to book early. I will update on the final date for booking in my next email. As usual I will send out the list of attendees before the deadline.
Please note coffee is NOT included. If you want coffee after the meal you will need to pay the venue when you order it.
Details of the booking
*numbers should not be restricted
* the deadline for booking is Thursday 4 April. We will give definitive numbers on Sunday 7 April, so any cancellations after this date will still be charged
* please reply to the email address at the bottom of this mail (or by reply) if you are having problems with the form or feel that the form may not have worked I will then add your details manually
* the cost of the lunch is €20, which includes the appero and wine but does not include coffee.
Please bring your chèque for €20 made payable to Ladies Lunch Club de l’Armagnac or cash in an envelope with your name on it, your help with this is much appreciated as it helps to speed up the booking in process.
The details of the golf club are:
Golf d'Éauze Grand Armagnac
If you have not renewed your membership please can you bring a separate chèque or cash (€10) to the lunch.
I will send an update of activities for April. Please let me know if you have any events that you would like to add
May - Tuesday 14 May. Le Commerce at Estang.June - Tuesday 11th June. Auberge La Baquere, Préneron. We hope that this will be outside as it was a very popular outdoor venue last year.best wishes and looking forward to seeing you at the next lunch.